October 18, 2010

Trailer: The King’s Speech

Monarchs always make for interesting subjects whether it be on print or film. I loved The Queen because it gave us a human side to the ever-formal Queen Elizabeth II. But I think I’ll love The King’s Speech more because the trailer itself manages to show an unorthodox storytelling on how George VI (Elizabeth II’s father) overcame his stammering. Geoffrey Rush is a delight as the speech therapist, Lionel Logue, who helps the king with his predicament. Helena Bonham-Carter is even a surprise with her less-eccentric portrayal of Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. And how can you ever go wrong with Colin Firth in the title role? For royalty enthusiasts like me, this film is a definite must-see.




Are we looking at a possible Oscar front-runner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...