October 16, 2010

Hope in humanity…

Chile has done the impossible!

All 33 miners, trapped for 69 days under the collapsed San Jose mine, have been brought back to the surface. Words cannot describe how overwhelming it was to see those men finally reunited with their families. The rescue efforts were extraordinary. Even the whole world was captivated. It is amazing how a threat of tragedy can bring out the best of the human spirit.

It was just annoying how I couldn't talk about this with any of my officemates because either they: (a) were apathetic to the news; (b) don't have television and had no idea about the plight of these miners. :( This is why I love my family though, as much as we are dysfunctional at times, we can totally talk about anything whether it be showbiz or news and current affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...