“Hi, I'm Rose... and I'm a CrackBerry...”
We gave in. I don't text much. I don't even call anyone on my mobile unless it's necessary. So when my mom offered to buy me and my sister a new phone, I was kind of hesitant. Given that we share ownership (my sis and I) of the nifty gadget, I still get to use it mostly when I go to work.
Who knew canvassing for a new phone can be so tedious? Dad suggested a Nokia C3, but my sister found it too juvenile for her taste. So we ended up going for a BB. It scared us shitless reading of horror stories online on how "some" people had a difficult experience subscribing to BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). But thankfully, everything went smoothly for us.
It's funny though how people always assume I'm on a postpaid plan when they see my phone. Surprise, surprise... I'm on prepaid!:) Do not be afraid of going on a budget. I think it works for us since we're not really into calling and texting a lot, it's just the BIS we're after these days.
So if you're planning on getting a BB prepaid kit (from GLOBE, at least), here are some items you need to remember:
- Text the following keywords -
BB ON 50 (1 day)
BB ON 220 (5 days)
BB ON 1300 (1 month)
- Send it to 8888
- Once you receive the confirmation message, hit reply and text BB YES.
- As soon as GPRS and EDGE are all in capslock, you're good to go.
- If you don't want to be charged for data services (browsing at P5/15 mins) while on BIS, always remember to follow the steps below:
- Go to OPTIONS > Advanced Options > TCP/IP
- Uncheck APN Settings Enabled
Enjoy your BB experience! :)