January 10, 2009

Happy New Year... and yes, another BOF post

Happy New Year, everyone!

I actually promised myself to be more active in blogging but I never do well with resolutions. Haha! Well, I'm off to a fresh start this year. There are a lot of new shows to look forward to and first off would be the Korean adaptation of Hana Yori Dango. Boys Over Flowers premiered last January 5 to a lot of eager fans. True to her word, my sister downloaded the first two episodes and we just can't get enough of it.

Here's my quick assesment of the first two episodes:

Lee Min Ho is Gu Jun Pyo
Lee Min Ho is by far the most charismatic Tsukasa they've casted in the adaptations. Here, Joon Pyo acts all tough and authoritarian in the eyes of the students in Shinhwa High. But when with the F3 and his household staff, his bratty and childlike nature emerges. Who could ever forget that scene of the bee chasing him around the room? I've been saying this since promotional photos were released but he really reminds me of Jerry Yan circa-Meteor Garden days.


I also do not get it why people have been complaining about Kim Hyun Joong's acting. His interpretation of the character Ji Hoo is just how I've envisioned Rui (channeling the Keanu Reeves school of acting) eversince.


Now I know everyone's fawning over Kim Bum and wishing he was cast as Ji Hoo instead but I'm beginning to love his dynamics with Kim Joon. Yi Jung and Woo Bin are my bromance for this drama. Joke! But really, their efforts to knock some sense into Joon Pyo should be commended especially since Ji Hoo is just too deadpan to do anything.

My assessment of the ladies will follow in my next post. For now, I am eagerly anticipating Episodes 3 and 4 next week. Yayyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...