January 22, 2009

Spread the Woo-bin love!

My sister says I'm suffering a case of F4 relapse. Why? Because the last time she actually saw me obsessing over an Asian drama was during the height of Meteor Garden's popularity. Now I've resorted to reviewing my Hana Yori Dango Live DVDs just for the sake of reminiscing. Oh well, the story never gets old.

But since I can't stop talking about Boys Over Flowers, let me just tell you one gripe I've had so far about the series.


Can they please give Woo-bin more lines?!?

The guy is getting the movie!Ginny Weasley treatment for the series. Just because he's the only F4 member with no major romantic interests doesn't mean he has to get the short end of the stick in terms of character development. He's made the character really likeable whereas I couldn't care about him in Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango Live.

But to his credit, with the little amount of dialogue he's given in each episode, he manages to make the most out of it. I especially loved this last scene from Episode 6 between Woo-bin and Jun-pyo where he tries to reason out with his friend regarding kicking Ji-hoo out from the F4. He argued his friend's case without it sounding like he was taking sides. It's sad that Yi Jeung gets to take all the credit for dressing down Ji-hoo on the consequences of his actions whereas Woo-bin was also doing his part in saving what little is left of the F4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...