October 30, 2008

Like sands through the hourglass…



It just dawned on me today, Iisa Pa Lamang's writers are taking their inspiration from US Daytime Soaps! How else would you explain the absurd storylines and lame characterizations spawning a fan favorite villain? The (apparently) never-ending love triangle between Miguel/Catherine/Raphael is typical of these daytime soaps that have been running for years. Campy, I know. But viewers love heightened reality.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the four lead characters were patterned after Ridge, Brooke, Nick and Taylor of The Bold and the Beautiful... with slight tweaking to suit the Filipino taste. Then again, that's just me and my absurd conspiracy theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...