October 22, 2011

Charmed by Mystic Falls

When The Vampire Diaries premiered almost three years ago, I simply dismissed it as another CW show out to cater to its teen market. I wasn’t sucked in by the hype because I tend to be cautious of shows marketing cheesy vampire love stories. *cough*Twilight*cough*

They survived two seasons.

dastelena
Team Stelena? or Team Delena?

Now on its third year, the drama set in the idyllic town of Mystic Falls has managed to enthrall viewers not only because of a forbidden love affair between a human and a vampire, but also because of its eclectic mix of residents. Where else can you find a place where vampires, werewolves and ghosts actually (albeit unknowingly) co-exist? I finally realized that in order to appreciate a certain series, it’s best if you don’t lean towards a specific ‘ship. Enjoy whatever coupling the writers throw at you. If there’s one thing that Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec and their team of writers have proven, it’s their knack for tightly-written scripts that leave you breathless with each episode.

Six episodes down and they show no signs of slowing down. I’m loving the addition of Klaus this season. He’s a very effective villain, and so charming to boot. I think I’ll enjoy learning about the backstory of the Originals in the upcoming episodes. And who here thinks that evil!Stefan oozes with appeal lately? I like how he gets under Elena’s skin with his whole ‘Klaus-sent-me-to-protect-you’ drama. I do hope he gets his humanity back someday.

Fellow TVD fans, are you loving the third season so far? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...