July 3, 2011

Albert and Charlene: The (Other) Royal Wedding

I missed out on CNN’s coverage of the religious ceremony because I could barely keep my eyelids open that evening. The next morning, I was into Getty Images and The Daily Mail reviewing photos from the event. Monaco’s bachelor prince has finally settled down! His bride, Charlene Wittstock, managed to walk down the aisle despite earlier speculations she planned on bolting the wedding.

The prince and his bride say "I DO"
You all know my fascination for royal weddings. It’s such a treat to see all these royals come together for one of their own. And boy, Monaco’s royal wedding did not disappoint! It was a guest list of who’s who in European royalty.

The Casiraghi siblings: Pierre, Charlotte and Andrea looking all regal and dapper for the wedding reception
Equally gorgeous siblings: Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine of Sweden
I would love to see William and Kate, or even Harry, attend events like these in the future. I’m getting tired of seeing Prince Edward representing the British monarchy whenever there are royal weddings. But then, budgetary constraints might not allow it. Siiigh! Even the wedding (W+K) was running on a budget… not all the royals I expected were able to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...