July 23, 2011

Kitchen Chronicles: Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes remains to be my favorite side-dish ever. Whether it’s at KFC or Red Ribbon, I simply can’t get enough of it. So I thought, why not try making one at home? Thanks to Mommy Fleur’s blog, I was able to find an easy DIY recipe that we can re-create ourselves. The ingredients are pretty simple: potatoes, Nestle all-purpose cream, cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste.

mpingredients
Ingredients: Grated cheese, butter and all-purpose cream
The results turned out pretty well much to my relief. It was a hearty Saturday night dinner for the family as we feasted on fried chicken, ginisang sayote and mashed potatoes. Although I think I went overboard with the cream (you can just use half of the pack if you want). My siblings loved it though. From their reactions I guess this is going to be a weekly dinner staple from now on.

friend chicken and ginisang sayote... yummy!
mashed potatoes + fried chicken = FOOD COMMA

Weekday Potluck Every Tuesday to Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...