November 1, 2011

Remembering our dearly departed


We finally made it to Cempark since I was on leave from work today. Ahhh, the downside of working for a BPO… paid time-offs don’t happen at the snap of a finger! :) To make the most out of my one day-off, we paid our respects to my grandma and my uncle, all the while secretly praying that we get no heavy downpour on our way to the cemetery. 

Now I can’t help but reminisce. Gone were the days when the entire family would troop to Memorial Park on November 1. We’d meet up with some relatives, spend the whole day chatting and catching up on each other’s lives. It was a welcome reprieve from whatever toxicity work had to offer. But now it’s different. Everyone’s just so busy. 

Occasional visits are all that we can offer our dearly departed nowadays. I won’t deny them that. It’s the least I can do after all the good things they did in their lifetime. We promised to be back over the weekend for a more solemn visit. Perhaps by then the weather would finally cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...