September 3, 2011

Day 11: Taste some macarons --- check!

Probably not as good as the French ones from Pierre Hermé or Ladurée. But since we have very limited choices in my corner of the country, I just had to try what Vanille Patisserie had to offer when it comes to macarons. Who knew these little creations were so tiny yet bursting with so much flavor?


We opted for three on our first try: tableya (cacao tablets), caramel and espresso. I was not disappointed. Tableya perfectly captured the blend of bitterness and sweetness in its filling that it overpowered my taste buds by the time I took a bite out of the Espresso. My sister, on the other hand, loved the Espresso one although she was a bit disappointed with the actual size of the thing. 

Perhaps we’ll definitely comeback in the future. The visit was only to shut me up since I couldn’t stop babbling about wanting to taste macarons and red velvet cupcakes, the latter of which still remains elusive to me until now.

Paging Mercato Centrale or Banchetto organizers! Can’t you do a one-time weekend set-up here in the Queen City of the South? Or perhaps come-up with a counterpart here? I’d gladly spend my rest days sampling all that you’ll be offering in that event. Heehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...