September 12, 2011

Day 20: BOATLIFT–An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience

When Pottermore finally allowed me to choose my wand, one of the questions asked was regarding what characteristic of myself do I value the most. I chose resilience. I don’t know why but it just felt right. Maybe because I’ve always been able to bounce back after experiencing setbacks both personally and professionally speaking. At times when I felt like giving up, I constantly remind myself that I will get through this unscathed.

9/11 taught us how powerful human resilience can be. It’s both sad and amazing how it brings out the best of humanity at times when you need it the most. ‘Boatlift’ tells us of the untold tale of those who helped evacuate thousands from Manhattan on the day of the attacks. Be amazed at their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read a message from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...